Planning A Vacation or Holiday?

COPA Travel Insurance

Travel insurance is a must while traveling outside of your province of residence if you are a member of COPA we have a plan for you.
If you are traveling outside your province of residence, to the United States or overseas, even the smallest injury or illness can be devastating. That is why Puhl in cooperation with the COPA is pleased to announce a travel program that is designed for the needs of pilots, available to all active COPA members.
Planning A Trip? Get Coverage!
We offer travel insurance programs for COPA members.

Travel Plan Coverage

Travel Insurance Coverage that’s designed specifically and only for COPA members, providing coverage 24 hours a day for all situations and most importantly protects pilots and their families while piloting and flying in an aircraft!


Government health plans provide limited benefits when you are traveling outside your province of residence, whether your journey takes you around the world or within Canada. It is always important to purchase  travel insurance to protect your family and finances from an emergency situation and expenses due to medical emergencies.

Puhl Benefits

Puhl Benefits Inc. is the licensed agent presenting the program and will be providing the marketing and servicing of the program.
As with all Association programs, success is only achieved if the members of the Association support the program. We ask that all of you take a close look at the COPA travel plan, as a pilot. We look forward to providing the travel plan to the COPA membership and will do all that we can to earn your loyalty. Please feel free to contact us anytime with questions or concerns. We are here for the COPA membership.
Current travel plans available to the general public do not provide coverage while piloting an aircraft. In the event of an indiscriminate landing outside your province of residence, you would be personally responsible for all medical expenses incurred. The plan covers emergency injury or sickness while traveling outside of their province of residence all trips up to 45 days per trip maximum, pilots for commercial and non-commercial use and passengers.
Maximum $1,000,000 per injury or sickness per person including benefits for:
  • $1,000 Ambulance ground
  • $15,000 Medical Evacuation
  • $5,000 Repatriation due to death
  • $5,000 Family Transportation
  • $500 Return of vehicle
  • $1,000 Hotel convalescence
SSQ Assurance provides traveling member’s worldwide emergency assistance services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Planning A Trip? Get Coverage!
We offer travel insurance programs for COPA members.

COPA Travel Coverage FAQ

What is the role of SSQ Assistance?

SSQ Assistance provides traveling employees and visitors to Canada worldwide emergency assistance services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How can SSQ Assistance help?

One phone call connects you to a network of multilingual specialists who will assist you with medical, personal and travel related problems when away from home.

How does it work?

Call SSQ Assistance at one of the numbers listed on the membership card. Please carry your membership card with you at all times.

What if I need a doctor?

Call SSQ Assistance and we will refer you to a doctor. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, access local medical care immediately, then contact SSQ Assistance.

What if my prescription medication is lost?

If you need to replace lost, stolen, or depleted medication, contact SSQ Assistance and whenever permissible by local law, SSQ Assistance will send you the needed medication at your expense.

What if I am hospitalized?

Call SSQ Assistance and they will evaluate the care you are receiving and determine what actions should be taken to ensure your safe and speedy recovery. SSQ Assistance will monitor your care and evaluate the adequacy of treatment and medication being given.

What if local medical facilities are not adequate?

If you are hospitalized in an area where adequate medical facilities are not available, SSQ Assistance will provide medical evacuation to the nearest facility capable of providing the required care or, if authorized by the attending physician, back to Canada or the country of origin.

What happens if I am released from the hospital and still need help?

When your condition is stabilized, and SSQ Assistance determines it is medically advisable to bring you home or to a facility near your permanent residence, SSQ Assistance will arrange the repatriation under medical supervision.

What happens in the event of death?

SSQ Assistance will obtain clearances and arrange transportation for the return of mortal remains.

What if I am unable to contact my family or employer?

SSQ Assistance will receive and transmit emergency messages to you and your family and/or employer.

What if my wallet is stolen and I need to replace documents?

SSQ Assistance will assist you if you lost important travel documents while traveling. i.e. passport, credit cards.

What if I need to contact the embassy or consulate?

SSQ Assistance will provide you with contact information for embassies and consulates worldwide.

What if I need a lawyer whose outside the country?

SSQ Assistance will arrange an initial legal consultation if a member experiences a civil or criminal problem in a foreign country.

What if I don’t speak the language?

SSQ Assistance will provide emergency telephone translation services as well as referrals to interpreter services.

Will SSQ Assistance pay my medical bills?

The SSQ Assistance card is not a credit card for payment of services. Your medical insurance provider should reimburse your medical bills such as hospital expenses and doctor’s visits.

What if I need coverage longer than 45 days?

Extended coverage is available to fit any lenght of trip – simply call us to activate: Toll Free 1 (888) 508-0077 (MST)

Planning A Trip? Get Coverage!
We offer travel insurance programs for COPA members.

Start typing and press Enter to search